“India Approves 3rd Launch Pad at Sriharikota to Boost Space Ambitions”

“India Approves Third Launch Pad at Sriharikota to Boost Space Ambitions”

Sriharikota

The central government on Thursday approved setting up a third launch pad at ISRO’s Satish Dhawan Space Center in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh. The third launch pad is targeted to be set up within a period of four years. PM Modi posted on X, Cabinet decision on setting up a third launch pad in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh will strengthen our space sector and encourage our scientists.

Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnav said that it will be constructed at a cost of Rs 3,985 crore. The third launch pad is designed for the Next Generation Launch Vehicle (NGLB).

The Centre has allocated Rs 8,239 crore to develop NNGLV. It will be developed in 96 months. NNGLV is being developed to carry a maximum payload of 30 tones into orbit with reuse. So far 99 launches have taken place at Sriharikota.

This project is targeted to be completed in four years . Union Cabinet approves Rs 3.985 crore for the launch pad

The launch of the 100th generation navigation satellite Geosynchronous Launch Vehicle Mark-2 (GSLV Mark-2) will be done soon. This will be the 100th launch from Sriharikota. The first launch pad is used to launch SSLV and PSLV. GSLV and Mark-3 rockets are launched from the second launch pad can be launched. PSLV can also be launched from this launching pad.

ISRO Chairman Dr. V. Narayan said, once the third launch pad is ready, NGLV can be launched from it. With some upgrades, this launchpad will be able to be used for the launch of NGLV. By 2040, an Indian can be sent to the moon by rocket. ISRO will develop the launching pad in collaboration with the industry. The global commercial space market is expected to reach one trillion dollars by 2030. India aims to increase its share in the space market from eight billion dollars to 44 billion dollars by 2040.

Leave a Comment